GATES OPEN AT 12:00 ON THURSDAY 29 MARCH | PLEASE VACATE THE FESTIVAL CAMPING BEFORE 14:00 ON MONDAY 2 APRIL 2018.
Yes the event is cashless. You will need to pre-load funds onto your festival wristband or Howler card (before or at the event) and these will be scanned at the event bars, food vendors, merch stand etc: Visit www.howler.co.za to top up online ahead of the event, simply sign in/sign up, pair your Lush tickets and select the Topup option. You’ll be able to get any remaining money left on your card from Howler after the event.
Unless you buy a day ticket (Friday, Saturday or Sunday ONLY) or a Weekender (Non Camping) Ticket your ticket entitles you to enter the camp grounds at the festival as well as the event space where all the fun stuff happens.
Day ticket AND Weekender (Non Camping) Ticket holders can enter the event area but are not allowed into the campsites.
- What camping is available at Lush?
- What are the Camping Facilities like at Lush?
- Is there electricity in the camp?
- What if I don't want to camp?
- Will it be cold?
- Will the showers be hot?
- Am I allowed to camp with my car/trailer?
- Do I pay an extra fee for parking?
We have a few options available to campers
1. GENERAL CAMPING, you bring your tent etc and we provide basic camping with basic showers and toilets.
2. PLUS+ CAMPING which is limited, more intimate, has more trees, is alongside the river, has its own entrance to the festival and also has upgraded and a better ratio of shower and toilet facilities. You’ll need to bring your own tent.
3. TENTIVA GLAM CAMPING: The ultimate in glamping, these offers tents with beds and bedding, upgraded showers and toilets, lamps, bedside tables, electrical points, your own closer parking and the option of a buffet breakfast add-on.
4. ROCK’NROLL OSSEWA (OXWAGONS) Bunk bed accommodation in Oxwagons, upgraded showers and toilets, access to electrical points, your own closer parking and the option of a buffet breakfast add-on.
All camp sites have decent shower and toilet facilities and the camp sites are nice and spacious.
General camping and PLUS+ camping do not have electrical outlets at the tents. Tentiva Tent Hotel does.
We suggest staying in one of the many delightful B&Bs or Guest Houses in the area. Besides Clarens, Fouriesburg and Bethlehem offer some great affordable accommodation.
Average temperatures in the area are 9-11ºC in the evening and 21-23ºC during the daytime. It can drop or go higher at anytime and this is beyond our control so bring more warm items and bedding than you think you need just to be safe.
In PLUS+ and THE TENTITVA GLAM CAMP SITES where camping is limited showers will be hot almost all of the time. In General camping hot showers are provided but might cool off at points due to usage (remember that this is where most people are camping) so choose your shower times wisely.
No. Parking is separate to camping. There is a drop off zone so you won’t need to carry your camp gear that far.
Not at all. Your parking is included with your ticket purchase.
- What's on offer at the festival?
- Can I bring my own food and drinks to Lush?
- Will there be food and drinks on sale?
- Can I Braai at Lush? What's the deal with fire?
- Which artists are performing at the festival?
- Can I apply for a food stall or to be a vendor?
- Can my band play Lush Festival 2018?
We have several music areas and plenty of great, diverse talent, you can get the details of which band at what time on this website under the “MUSIC” menu button at the top of the page. You can also expect some surprises 🙂
Unfortunately submissions for food vendors and other traders for this years festival have closed. To be kept in mind for future events simply sign up at www.festivalfoodtrucks.co.za
Submissions for this year are closed. But follow us on facebook as we usually open them around September ahead of the next festival event.
1. No persons under 18 allowed to camp on site.
2. No persons under 18 allowed onto site unless accompanied by a responsible adult or parent.
3. Alcohol is not for sale to persons under the age of 18. Any person supplying alcohol to Under 18s will be removed from the site and may be subject to prosecution.
4. No drugs or illegal substances allowed. Offenders will be prosecuted.
5. No Firearms or Weapons.
6. Clothing or signs that encourages hate speech or causes offence to any group will not be tolerated.
7. Your property is your responsibility. Please report any thefts immediately to our security team. Please hand lost property in at the production office or the VOC tent.
8. We reserve the right to search all vehicles, bags, tents and possessions if required.
9. No pets allowed. Service animal entry to be requested before arrival.
10. Absolutely no fire or gas in the campsite. Please use the provided communal fire and cooking area (braai zones).
11. Respect the environment and the neighbours.
12. DO NOT DIVE IN THE RIVER.
13. Be aware of snakes. Be aware of humans.
14. Your festival wristband is invalidated once removed.
15. No cars, caravans, quads, motorbikes etc in the event and camping area.
16. No Drones allowed unless approved by the festival organisers.
17. Please keep the festival and campsite clean. Use the facilities provided.
18. Your own food and alcohol are allowed in the camp sites but are not allowed into the festival space.
19. Respect each other.
20. Have Fun.
Attendees of Lush Festival 2018 which takes place at the Linwood Guest Farm, R711, Clarens, Free State assume all risk and danger incidental to attendance of this event (in any capacity) and release the owners of Linwood Guest Farm and Breakout Management PTY LTD and their employees, suppliers, sponsors and representatives from any and all liabilities, damages, costs and expenses arising from any theft or loss of property, as well as any death or injury or damage to any person within the premises of the Lush Festival before, during or after the event. The organisers can also not be held responsible for poor weather, water or power interruptions, failure of an artist to perform, or any other unforeseen circumstances that may occur. Right of admission to the event is reserved.